December 06, 2012

Touched Down in LONDON Town

& here is the start to my blog goal... :P
Oh London.. Where do I even begin?! Well, first of all, I just want to say I had an amazing time in London for the four days we were there. And since there are so many pictures, I'm going to splitting up London into 2 posts (2 days per post)!
My nails for this trip hehehe
- - -
Day 1 :: We left for London on Thursday by train. Arriving at lunch time, we quickly exchanged money into Pounds and went to drop off our stuff at the hotel. We quickly left and started our day with shopping on Oxford street (mainly Primark). Due to that, we didn't really take a lot of pictures because we literally just spent the rest of the day shopping. And um.. We were in Primark (the same location) for 4 hours LOL... It was amazing. Literally so much to see, and I was super overwhelmed so I took my time walking around. This location was 3 buildings combined with 3 floors. Ah-mazing. I wish I took pictures of what I bought but trust me, it was good.
Cutest taxi ever
Oxford Street, at night
For dinner, we decided to have fish and chips. We went to a restaurant near our hotel but realized that it was double the price if we ate at the restaurant, so we just got take out and went back to our hotel room to eat and watch tv :)
Fish and Chips for dinner
- - -
Day 2 :: Waking up in the morning, we went for our free breakfast at our hotel. It wasn't that great, but I'm not going to complain because it was there that I found my love for blackcurrant jam!! SO good! I usually hate bread, but I was eager to get seconds with that jam. So nums. And on the other hand, they had mixed fruits - something that I've been craving since forever! Overall, their breakfast at that hotel was dece :)
We started our day off with getting a pass for The Original Bus Tour, which is a hop on, hop off tourist bus.
First stop: Westminster Abby
Second stop: Big Ben
And then we kind of gave up on the bus and started walking around around the city and looking/shopping.
A foggy day, with the London Eye in the background
The Tuuuuubbbbeee
A picture with the famous red telephone booths!
Double Decker buses!
These amazing tacos for lunch
In Trafalger Square
With the Canadian embassy haha
When it started getting a little later, we decided to head over to the London Eye and see that. On the way there, we stumbled upon the Christmas Markets in London. We had a little photo shoot with the night lights around River Thames. Too bad it was really foggy :(
 
Christmas markets
Merry-go-round at the Southbank Centre Christmas Market
Loveeee
A 4D show about the London Eye that came with our expensive ticket
View from the London Eye
On the Westminster bridge with the London Eye
After walking through the Christmas markets, we decided to head over to Piccadilly Circus. The square reallyyyy reminded me of Times Square in NYC :) just a little taste of home. It was great.
On a more important note.. We found the M&M store there. I almost stopped breathing for 5 seconds. You don't understand.. That was probably one of my peaks for the day haha I love M&Ms!!! The store itself was amazing because it was all London themed.. And you know me and my London themed things. EEP! Dies. Needless to say, I had a great time there and had a lot of free samples :P
Piccadilly Circus area and the M&M store
Me being a little happy kid
 
Oh and we found Chinatown too LOL it was great. I bought a VITA Lemon Tea from a little shop to satisfy my craving heheh. It was great.
After that excitement, we went to find a bar to eat dinner. We honestly just found a bar in some side street, so I don't even know the name of it. After eating, that bar became kind of dead so we went back out to another bar called, The Moon Under Water in Leicester Square. (I only remember the name because it was such a weird name haha)
The food wasn't too bad, but it wasn't that great either. The chicken wrap was a little empty and the fish and chips were soggy. But the potpie was really good!
The Moon Under Water on Urbanspoon
- - -
After that, we just hung out and drank :)
& that was it for day 1 and 2 :)
Check back tomorrow for day 3 and 4 of my London trip! Xo
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...