September 06, 2012

Shopping like a champ!

After a chaotic morning trying to register for all my courses, I finally got it all sorted out! The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is WHY do students have class on Saturdays.. So confused. But at least I can take all my mandatory courses here, so when I go back to Laurier, I will only need to take my accounting ones and I'm set. I'm so glad it all worked out!

For lunch, we stayed at the hotel and ate homemade chicken wings! J/k. They're actually microwavable chicken wings that we bought at the grocery store, but they actually taste like the ones we make at home on the barbecue grill :) it was delish. I am a little more relieved, since my cooking skills are limited :P

After lunch, we decided to go back to Sacré-Cœur to visit the souvenir shops in the area. The area is a liiiittle ghetto, so that's why the souvenirs are the cheapest here, and that is why we are here ;) gotta take advantage of the deals! I bought this cute Paris mug that I've been eyeing since I got here, matching Eiffel Tower bracelets for my little faves, matching key chains for my parents, and postcards for my other faves!
While walking around, we walked by Christophe ROUSSEL: Chocolatier Pâtissier Gourmand. Their cute macaron display caught my eye, and my family was down to try it out so we did. I'd say these are my favorite macarons (besides Ladurée) that I've had yet! Got some more for later ;)
1. The cute macaron display at Christophe ROUSSEL
2. Inside display of all the flavors, yum! 
3. Little sissy braiding my hair, as per usual
4. The streets along the way to Sacré-Cœur

After purchasing all our souvenirs, we decided to do some real shopping and proceeded to take the Metro back to Champs-Élysées. First, we stopped by Aigle to buy my sister some rain boots. Aigle, I believe, is like a French equivalent of Hunters. Because the quality, look, and feel of the boots are like Hunter boots. My sissy got these navy boots, with white detailing on them. I love them!! Now I want to get a pair for myself.. Bad news bears.

Today was my mother's big spending day, so she decided to go to her fave store.. Louis Vuitton. The LV store here at Champs-Élysées is the first store to ever open. The entire building is dedicated to the brand, and everything inside is as well. If you've ever been to this store, you'll know what I'm talking about. I love the classy interior designs and of course, you can never go wrong with a personal shopper. After much debate, my mom decided on purchasing the Tivoli GM! Yay for successful purchases! :)

My parents felt like eating some seafood, so we went to Léon de Bruxelles for dinner. Surprisingly, it was actually really good.
For dessert, we went to Häagen-Dazs' Gold Room, which is their restaurant on the 2nd floor of their shop. This is my first experience in France where the prices on the menu are substantially higher than the prices if you were just getting take out. (Not sure if I make sense). We ordered ice cream macaroons, a scoop of Chocolate Midnight Cookie, and a Caffè Americano. It was a perfect combination to end off a successful day.
Another thing about Häagen-Dazs is that they own a Ice Baar. At first, I thought it was one of those bars that are completely made of ice like in Dubai, but it was actually just a nightclub LOL my dad tried to go inside to see it but they shooed him away bahah, it was hilarious.

Today was a great shopping experience, to say the least! It was definitely a splurging kinda day for us, and it was well spent. Great people, great times, and great purchases :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...